Rotary House is open from 8:30 am on Monday to 12:00 pm (noon) on Fridays.
We are closed on weekends and public holidays (e.g. Canada Day).
If you are planning your stay near public holidays:
Click here for a list of 2022 holidays when Rotary House will be closed. We follow the same schedule as the Cancer Centre.
For holidays that fall on Fridays (e.g. Good Friday), Rotary House will be closed at 12:00 noon the day before (Thursday).
For holidays that fall on Mondays (e.g. Thanksgiving Day), Rotary House will open on the next day (Tuesday) at 8:30 am.
For help with scheduling your stay near public holidays, please give us a call.
- Obtain approval and the completed referral form from your nurse
- Are a RVH outpatient. This include patients of the Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Centre (SMRCC).
- Travel more than 40km for treatment at RVH and/or SMRCC
- Are fully able to care for yourself and take your medications
- Can attend medical appointments on your own
- Can manage two flights of stairs on your own
If you are unable to meet accommodation requirements by yourself you can stay at Rotary House with the help of a Essential Companion who will assist you in all activities of daily living.
A nominal fee of $15 a day will be charged to the patient to cover the cost of maintenance and upkeep of the lodge.
Essential companions will be accommodated at
no additional charge.
When there is available space, escorts of guests (spouses or friends that would like to stay) will be required to pay a fee of $45 per day.
Costs per day
Patient – $15/day
Essential Companion – Free
Spouses, family members or friends – $45/day
RVH parking rates apply.
Rotary House is your home away from home please remember:
- There are no medical services
- To bring your medications and equipment or arrange care services such as oxygen before you arrive
- Rotary House is a scent-free environment
- There is no room service and no wake-up call service.
- To bring your own toiletries and towel
- There is an Attendant on staff who can answer your questions
Rotary House has 18 semi-private rooms (2 single beds per room). Each room has a:
- Bathroom (shared between the two guests)
- Safe for each guest to store valuables and medication
- Telephone to make local calls for free