Rotary House is open from 8:30 am on Monday to 12:00 pm (noon) on Fridays.
We are closed on weekends and public holidays (e.g. Canada Day).
If you are planning your stay near public holidays:
Please view the Cancer Centre’s 2023 Holiday Closures schedule to help plan your visit.
For holidays that fall on Fridays (e.g. Good Friday), Rotary House will be closed at 12:00 noon the day before (Thursday).
For holidays that fall on Mondays (e.g. Thanksgiving Day), Rotary House will open on the next day (Tuesday) at 8:30 am.
For help with scheduling your stay near public holidays, please give us a call.
Please note: your RVH Care Team must make a referral for you to stay at Rotary House. We cannot accept walk-in requests to stay at Rotary House.
The referral ensures that you are able to meet the requirements listed below.
You can stay at Rotary House if you:
- Are a RVH outpatient. This includes patients of the Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Centre.
- Travel more than 40km for treatment at RVH and/or Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Centre
- Are fully able to care for yourself and take your medications
- Can attend medical appointments on your own
- Can manage two flights of stairs on your own
If you are unable to meet the above requirements by yourself, you can stay at Rotary House with the help of an essential caregiver. An essential caregiver is someone who will stay with you and assist you in all activities of daily living.
Patients can stay at Rotary House for $15 per day to cover the cost of maintenance and upkeep of the lodge.
Essential caregivers can stay for free (no additional charge). Please see above section to learn who can be an essential caregiver.
When there is space available, a companion (spouses, partners or friends that would like to stay with the patient) will need to pay a fee of $45 per day.
Costs per day
Patient – $15 per day
Essential caregiver – Free
Companion (such as spouses, partners, family members or friends) – $45 per day
RVH parking rates apply.
Rotary House is much like a hotel, and it is your “home away from home”.
Like a hotel:
- There are no medical services on site.
- Guests need to bring their medications and equipment. If you need home care services, or other services such as oxygen, you must arrange these services before you arrive.
- You must be able to get to your medical appointments on your own or with the help of your essential caregiver.
Please also note:
- Rotary House is a scent-free environment.
- You must bring your own toiletries and towels.
- There is no room service and no wake up call service.
- There is an attendant on staff who can answer your questions.
Rotary House has 18 semi-private rooms (2 single beds per room). Each room has a:
- Bathroom (shared between the two guests).
- Safe for each guest to store valuables and medication.
- Telephone to make local calls for free.
Directions to Rotary House
Rotary House is on Level 2 of the Rotary Place building.