Pledge To Improve Patient Care
The RVH Auxiliary is a not-for-profit organization with the mission of fundraising to support and enhance patient care at RVH. The Auxiliary owns and operates Café Royale and Victoria’s Gift Shop, rents retail space to outside vendors and participates in the provincial Hospital Equipment Lottery Project for People (HELPP). As well, volunteer members support the mission by participating in a variety of annual fundraising activities and events; Tag Days, Bingo Night, Fall Raffle, Bazaar, Battle of the BBQ’s, Santa Shuffle, bus tours and the TEAM RVH silent auction and 50/50 Draw. Since the inception of the Auxiliary in September 1897, millions of dollars have been raised to support patient care:
- In 1992, $1 million was given for the construction of a new hospital on Georgian Drive
- In 2007, $5 million was given for the establishment of the Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Centre at RVH
- In 2014, $1.5 million was given to support the opening of a new Cardiac Care Unit
- In 2019, $2 million was given to the Hearts and Minds Campaign to support Advanced Cardiac Care and Child and Youth Mental Health
- Currently the Auxiliary has pledged $5 million to the Moments Matter Campaign with the first $2.5 million focusing on renovations to our Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
All of the funds raised stay at RVH and support patient care.
Lifesaving equipment purchased to date include:
- Echo beds for the cardiac unit
- Surgical ultra sound machines
- Dialysis machines
- EEG monitors