RVH is focused on delivering high-quality, safe care that puts patients and their families first. Patients are at the centre of everything we do at RVH and our MY CARE philosophy puts patients and their families first. Always. Everyday. Without exception.
Main, Simcoe and Atrium entrances open to public. Self-screening required.
Before you enter the health centre, we ask that you follow these steps:
- In the last 10 days, have you had household or close contact with a person with COVID-19 symptoms, a confirmed case of COVID-19 OR a person with new onset of respiratory symptoms, including the patient that you are visiting?
Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days?
Has a doctor, healthcare provider or public health official told you to isolate at home?
- In the past 10 days have you experienced a new onset or worsening of any of the symptoms below?
- If you answered YES to any of the above questions:
PATIENTS: Inform your care team of your situation immediately. If possible, please call your care team for specific instructions.
VISITORS, CONTRACTORS OR VENDORS: Please reschedule your visit for another time and do not proceed any further or beyond this point.
- If you answered NO to the above questions:
Please wash your hands, put on a hospital-issued mask and proceed to your destination.
Note: Patients attending an after-hour appointment at RVH should use the Atrium entrance.
Surgery patients: one support person per patient is permitted to accompany patients receiving a Surgical or Scope Procedure in the Operating Room and Endoscopy departments and for appointments in the Pre Surgery Treatment Clinic.
Operating Room and Endoscopy patients will utilize the Atrium entrance for drop off and pick up. The Simcoe Entrance will be utilized by patients whom have appointments in the Pre Surgery Treatment Clinic.
Step 4 Visitor Policy
Admitted patients are allowed two visitors, seven days a week, for an unlimited duration, between 9 a.m and 8 p.m.
- Visits no longer need to be pre-booked
- There is no time limit for a visit (within visiting hours 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- There is no maximum number of designated visitors
- Maximum of 2 visitors allowed at a bedside at one time (exceptions apply)
- Child and Youth Mental Health hours are seven days a week, 4 – 8 p.m.; Adult Mental Health: Monday – Friday: 4 – 8 p.m. and weekends: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Patients visiting RVH’s Emergency Department are allowed only one visitor and only in designated room spaces and not in waiting rooms unless deemed necessary by the clinical team.
- Masks and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment still required while inside the health centre
- Visitors do not need to provide proof of vaccination
- Visitors must be over the age of 16 years
In some instances there may be limitations to visiting due to isolation requirements. Please speak to the care team for further information on visitation.
RVH will continue to monitor the situation closely and will assess any further lifting or reinstating of visitor restrictions.
Visitors who test positive within five days of visiting a patient at RVH are to notify RVH’s Infection Prevention and Control team at 705-728-9090 ext. 44555.
Check out my health care
The new patient portal where you can access your electronic health record anywhere, at any time.
Dear RVH Patient;
Thank you for your support of RVH as we work together to prevent the rapid transmission of COVID-19 while maintaining access to vital health services.
The Omicron variant continues to spread through our communities resulting in an increase in hospitalizations. We want to assure you that RVH is doing everything possible to keep you – and your care team – safe.
- TEAM RVH is well-trained and follows very strict Infection Prevention and Control procedures, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- All our staff, physicians and students are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they’ve received a documented and confirmed exemption, in which case they are tested regularly.
- We rigorously monitor and follow provincial guidelines when it comes to healthcare worker exposure to the virus.
RVH also continues to operate its COVID-19 Immunization Clinic at 29 Sperling Drive in Barrie. The evidence is clear. Unvaccinated people are 60 times more likely to require critical care if they contract COVID-19. If you are not yet fully vaccinated, we urge you to book an appointment as soon as possible through the provincial online portal at covid-19.ontario.ca or by calling 1-833-943-3900.
Although the healthcare system is facing unprecedented challenges, you can be confident that RVH will continue to provide you with safe, high quality care and your skilled care team will take extraordinary measures to ensure your safety.
President and CEO, RVH
Dr. Jeffrey Tyberg
Chief of Staff & Vice President, Academic and Medical Affairs, RVH
- Visiting hours are 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Child and Youth Mental Health hours are 4 – 8 p.m.
- Adult Mental Health hours are Mon – Fri 4 – 8 p.m. and weekends 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
When coming to RVH there are four public entrances:
- Atrium – Patients attending an after-hour appointment at RVH should use Atrium entrance.
- Emergency – urgent care only
Dial 705-728-9090 then enter the inpatient unit extension:
- 3SB Overflow: ext. 46244
- Adult Mental Health Inpatient: ext. 47250
- Cancer & Palliative Inpatient: ext. 43311
- Cardiac Care Unit (CCU): ext. 47660
- Cardiac & Renal: ext.46111
- Child & Youth Mental Health Inpatient: ext. 47222
- Integrated Stroke & Rehabilitation Inpatient Unit: ext. 47350
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU): ext. 47620
- Regional Pandemic Response Unit: ext.44922
- Respiratory Inpatient: ext. 48220
- Specialized Seniors Care: ext. 47330
- Surgery 2 Inpatient: ext. 46888
- Surgery 3 Inpatient: ext. 46440
- Transitional Care Inpatient Unit: ext. 48266
Your care team may contact you to book an upcoming appointment or follow-up as a virtual visit using secure, private, and confidential program called Microsoft Teams.
They will give you instructions on how to prepare and will let you know the day and time of your virtual visit as well as confirm they have your preferred contact information.
If you have been scheduled for a virtual appointment using Microsoft Teams, please view the resources below:
If you have a question about your virtual appointment, please contact the department your appointment is scheduled with.
*Subject to change without notice, some exceptions apply.
Helping you during your visit
Information desks are located at the Main, Atrium and Simcoe entrances. RVH volunteers are available at Information Desks to assist patients and visitors by providing directions or helping to locate patients.
Information Desk Volunteer Hours:
Hours are subject to change based on volunteer availability
Information Desk Locations
- Main entrance – Level 2
- Atrium entrance – Level 2
- Cancer program – Level 2
- Simcoe entrance – Level 1
RVH offers assistive equipment to accommodate our patients and visitors with reduced mobility. Please ask a volunteer at any information desk for assistance. They can help by providing you with:
Staxi chairs are available at the Main, Atrium and Simcoe (level 1) entrances.
The chair features a fail-safe braking system – the chair will only move when the brake is engaged by the person pushing the chair from behind. The patient can easily enter from the side and the height of the back of the chair is designed to afford the person pushing a comfortable position to engage the chair, reducing stress on their back.
Traditional wheelchairs are available at Information desks at the Main, Atrium and Simcoe (level 1) entrances for patients who require leg extensions, oxygen tank holders, IV pumps or the ability to navigate in the chairs by themselves.