COVID-19 Information Menu
The pandemic has been incredibly difficult for everyone, but hospitals, including RVH, have never experienced anything like what we are currently facing.
Hospitalizations, along with an unprecedented staffing shortage, has resulted in a “one-two punch” creating sustained pressure on hospital.
Despite the incredibly demanding circumstances, RVH’s exhausted staff and physicians are doing their absolute best to care for you, working long hours and additional shifts to ensure safe staffing levels. Please be understanding, be kind and treat them with the respect they deserve.
As we work through this current crisis, we also ask for your help.
If you do not need hospital-level care for your non-urgent health issue, please call your family doctor or visit a walk-in or urgent care clinic. And please be patient; the growing number of hospitalizations means waits in our ED may be lengthy.
RVH continues to operate its Immunization Clinic at 29 Sperling Drive in Barrie. If you are not yet fully vaccinated, book an appointment as soon as possible through the provincial online portal at covid-19.ontario.ca or by calling 1-833-943-3900.
The COVID Cold and Flu Care Clinic also at 29 Sperling Drive, is now open 8 am to 8 p.m.
Be assured that RVH continues to do everything possible to keep our patients – and their care teams – safe. Thank you for your outstanding support, appreciation and encouragement over the past two years.
What is RVH doing?
RVH has implemented a number of protocols. In addition to continuous surveillance we have:
- Enhanced screening measures: All patients and visitors are required to self-screen at entrances.
- Patients with symptoms will be masked and cared for by staff wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including contact and droplet precautions.
- We have implemented more frequent and enhanced cleaning in our busy areas.
- RVH is in frequent contact with public health and is participating in a regional committee to ensure preparedness.
- Created critical care capacity and designated COVID units
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with others
- Avoid shaking hands
- If you are concerned about your symptoms or have travelled outside of the country, consult your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
Barrie Testing Clinic
Nasal and throat swabs available.
Drive-thru option available.
29 Sperling Drive
(former Barrie Police headquarters)
Seven days a week: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Phone:705-797-3120 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Click here to book an appointment
After you are vaccinated, you can log in to the provincial portal to download or print an electronic for each dose you have received. vaccine receipt
For reliable, up-to-date information, visit the following websites: