705-728-9090 Ext. 47250
- 38 bed inpatient unit with the capability of establishing and maintaining a secure environment
- 5 bed extra care area for clients requiring close monitoring and supervision
- Focus on short-term assessment, stabilization, symptom reduction and active treatment
- Broad range of individual and group interventions encompassing inpatient and outpatient service components
- An interprofessional team approach to the care and treatment of clients and families
- The opportunity for clients and their families to be actively involved in their plan of care and discharge planning
- Referral to community providers
The primary catchment area of the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre Mental Health Inpatient Unit includes the City of Barrie, and the townships of Essa, Springwater, Oro-Medonte and Innisfil.
All admissions to the inpatient unit are arranged between the referring physician and the RVH medical staff.
Step-by-step directions to: Adult Mental Health Inpatient
Street: Gallie Court
Traveling on Georgian Drive you will pass Georgian College and TURN RIGHT onto Gallie Court. After the stop sign, proceed FORWARD and TURN RIGHT into RVH’s Main road entrance.
- You will see Rotary Place
Proceed FORWARD through RVH’s Main road entrance. RVH’s Main Parking lot can be found ON YOUR RIGHT.
- You will see Rotary Place followed by parking gates
Enter RVH’s Main building entrance and FOLLOW the Blue Navigation Line to the Central (Green) elevator.
- You will pass Café Royale on your right
Elevator: Central (Green)
Take the Central (Green) elevator to LEVEL 3.
Department: Adult Mental Health Inpatient
From the elevator TURN LEFT and proceed FORWARD through the hallway double doors. Adult Mental Health Inpatient is located ON YOUR RIGHT.