A Community Treatment Order is a comprehensive plan of community- based treatment or care and supervision that is less restrictive then being detained in a psychiatric facility. It is intended for individuals who are diagnosed with a serious mental illness and have had lengthy or repeated admissions to hospital. A Community Treatment Order can only be issued by a physician, and if specific criteria are met.
RVH Fax Number: 705-797-3092
Waypoint Centre Fax Number: 705-549-1447
The Community Treatment Order Services Provide Assistance in the Following Areas
- Assess a person’s suitability for a Community Treatment Order
- Assist physicians with the implementation of a Community Treatment Order
- Provide education and information sessions about Community Treatment Order ’s and related legislation
- Provide information to consumers, family members and other health professional
- To collect aggregate data for the purpose of service evaluation and outcome measures
The main office is located at 201 Georgian Drive, Barrie.
The satellite office is situated at Waypoint Centre in Penetanguishene (500 Church St, Penetanguishene, ON L9M 1G3).