Manager: Heather Cochrane, Child & Youth Mental Health Program
The Acute Outpatient Services care team includes:
· Social Worker
· Child and Youth Worker
Services are provided based on the identified need of the child / youth and family and may include:
- Diagnostic Clarification
- Medication Review
- Crisis Assessment and Safety Planning
- Service Navigation
Acute Outpatient Services offer assessment and treatment for children / youth with severe mental health difficulties such as:
- Anxiety disorders (e.g., panic attacks)
- Obsessive-Compulsive and related disorders
- Depressive disorders (e.g., major depressive episode, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder)
- Bipolar disorders
- Psychotic disorders (e.g. Schizophrenia)
- Somatic Symptom and related disorders
- Acute symptoms of distress (e.g., self-harm, suicidal behaviours)
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., ADHD, Tic Disorders)
Our philosophy of care:
- Interprofessional team approach to care
- Family involvement in care
- Multiple treatment options
- Collaboration community agencies and warm transitions in care
- Recognition of the unique care needs of youth / child and their families
What to expect
What to expect once your are referred to Acute Outpatient Services:
Your referral is completed and filled out by an Emergency Department physician, psychiatrist or paediatrician and is faxed to the Acute Outpatient Services Department.
Once your referral is received, we will connect with you to determine the next steps in your care plan, and whether this is an appointment with our clinic or redirected and connected with community resources
Due to privacy legislation staff members can only share patient information if a patient has given their consent.
There is no age limit for consent.
Step-by-step directions to: Simcoe Muskoka Regional Child and Youth Mental Health Program
Street: Gallie Court
Travelling on Georgian Drive you will pass Georgian College and TURN RIGHT onto the third entrance at Gallie Court. After the stop sign, proceed FORWARD and TURN RIGHT into RVH’s Main road entrance.
Proceed FORWARD through RVH’s Main road entrance. RVH’s Main Parking lot can be found ON YOUR RIGHT.
Enter RVH’s Main building entrance and FOLLOW the Blue Navigation Line to the Atrium (Orange) elevators.
N You will pass Café Royale on your right
Elevator: Atrium (Orange)
Take the Atrium (Orange) elevators to LEVEL 3.
Department: Child & Youth Mental Health Inpatient and Day Program
From the elevator TURN LEFT walking through the double doors.
At the end of the hallway TURN LEFT. Proceed FORWARD, Child & Youth Mental Health Inpatient and Day Program is located at the END OF THE HALLWAY.