What you need to know:
- RVH values family and support people as important members of the patient’s care team. RVH is easing visitor restrictions while maintaining strict safety precautions. This gradual, measured approach to visitation will limit the number of people coming into the health centre and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Patients or their Substitute Decision Maker (SDM) may identify one visitor and one alternate.
How are visits scheduled?Designated visitors can schedule their visit with the patient’s care team by calling the inpatient unit. All visits must be scheduled by 4 p.m. the day prior.
Dial 705-728-9090 then enter the inpatient unit extension:
- • Adult Mental Health Inpatient: ext. 47250
- • Cancer & Palliative Inpatient: ext. 43311
- • Cardiac Care Unit (CCU): ext. 47660
- • Cardiac & Renal: ext.46111
- • Child & Youth Mental Health Inpatient: ext 47222
- • Integrated Stroke & Rehabiliation Inpatient Unit: ext. 47350
- • Intensive Care Unit (ICU): ext. 47620
- • Respiratory Inpatient: ext. 48220
- • Specialized Seniors Care: ext. 47330
- • Surgery 2 Inpatient: ext. 46888
- • Surgery 3 Inpatient: ext. 46440
- • Transitional Care Inpatient Unit: ext.48266
We ask that you please respect the need for patient rest and recovery by being mindful of excessive noise and by being sensitive to the needs and wishes of roommates.
Visitors who are not feeling well should not visit RVH as you may risk exposing patients to infection.
* Visiting hour exceptions based on the patient’s treatment plan or
location within RVH:
• Adult Mental Health Inpatient Unit
• Child & Youth Mental Health Inpatient Unit
• Birthing Unit, Obstetrics and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.