Arthroplasty Intake Clinic
The North Simcoe Muskoka Arthroplasty Intake Clinic has been in operation since February 2007, with a mandate to serve the potential hip, knee and shoulder arthroplasty patients. The goal of the clinic is to provide a single point of intake to reduce the wait time from physician referral to orthopedic consultation.
As a regional program we operate clinics in Barrie, Collingwood and Orillia to provide care closer to home.
Patients and the referring physicians continue to have the choice of surgeon, hospital, or the next available surgeon. Our central intake processes high volumes of referrals for all 3 sites and 13 orthopaedic surgeons.
Phone: 705-728-9090 Ext. 46940
Toll Free Fax: 1-866-449-0994
Central Registration is located on Level 2 in the Atrium Entrance across from Victoria's Gift Shop.
What to Bring to Your Arthoplasty Intake Clinic Appointment
• Health Card and/or applicable insurance information (ie WSIB, etc.)
• X-rays or Diagnostic Imaging Films or CDs
• Please wear/bring loose fitting clothes for the joint being assessed
• Medication list
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Dr. A. Casses
Dr. G. Crawford
Dr. J. Delaney
Dr. C. Ikejiani
Dr. M. Korkola
Dr. S. McKenzie
Dr. J. O'Sullivan
Dr. M. Porte
Dr. M. Vennettilli
Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital
Dr. D. Tushinski
Dr. J. Xing
Collingwood General & Marine Hospital
Dr. O. Cheng
Dr. D. Collings
Dr. H. Koo
Innovative Model of Care
Patients are triaged to be seen by the Orthopedic Surgeon and/or the Advanced Practice Physiotherapist. The Advanced Practice Physiotherapist is a specially trained physiotherapist that works collaboratively with the orthopedic surgeons. This model allows for more efficient use of the surgeons' time and to focus on ready for surgery patients. The model focuses on providing quicker access for patients while maintaining thorough patient education and treatment recommendations. This streamlined process has improved access and quality of care for patients with hip, knee and shoulder arthritis including reduced wait times for both assessment and surgery.
Referral Process for a Joint Assessment
• All patients require a referral from a referring physician
• Referring physician can fax the completed referral form with an attached recent x-ray report (within the past 6 months) to 705-792-3329. Arthroplasty Intake Clinic Referral Form
• Patients and the referring physician have the choice of being seen by a specific surgeon or by the first available. Please note by choosing the "first available" surgeon your visit to the clinic will most likely be expedited.
• Once a patient has been booked for a consultation appointment at the clinic, they are contacted directly and/or by their referring physician with appointment information and any specific instructions required (paperwork and x-ray requirements)