Mental Health & Addiction Services
As an acute care schedule 1 facility, the inpatient unit provides treatment for the acutely mentally ill adult population. Treatment is provided by a highly trained and specialized interprofessional team. Services include pharmacotherapy, group therapy, and individualized daily assessments. The client and their family are considered to be an integral part of the treatment team and are encouraged to take an active role in the development of the plan of care.
705-728-9090 Ext. 47250
From the Main Entrance, follow the Blue Navigation Line to the Central (Green) Elevators. Take the elevators to level 3. From the elevator turn right and then right to the end of the hallway. Note: This is a secure unit. All visitors need to be buzzed into the unit.
• 38 bed inpatient unit with the capability of establishing and maintaining a secure environment
• 5 bed extra care area for clients requiring close monitoring and supervision
• Focus on short-term assessment, stabilization, symptom reduction and active treatment
• Broad range of individual and group interventions encompassing inpatient and outpatient service components
• An interprofessional team approach to the care and treatment of clients and families
• The opportunity for clients and their families to be actively involved in their plan of care and discharge planning
• Referral to community providers
The primary catchment area of the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre Mental Health Inpatient Unit includes the City of Barrie, and the townships of Essa, Springwater, Oro-Medonte and Innisfil.
All admissions to the inpatient unit are arranged between the referring physician and the RVH medical staff.