Simcoe Muskoka Regional
Child and Youth Mental Health Program
Mental Health & Addiction Program
The Child and Youth Mental Health Inpatient unit provides care for children and youth up to the age of 18 who are experiencing crisis due to urgent mental health difficulties that may result in self-harm or pose a risk to others.
This program serves children and adolescents requiring admission for assessment and short-term stabilization of urgent mental health problems. During admission, coordination with community resources is completed for follow up treatment.
Simcoe Muskoka Regional Child and Youth Mental Health Program care team includes:
· Nursing Staff
· Social Worker
· Child and Youth Worker
· Recreational Therapist
· Patient Representative
Canadian Mental Health Association Youth
Services and Addictions Services:
New Path Youth and
Kinark Children and
Kids Help Phone Free phone support for children and youth:
Crisis and Emotional Support Services
- Simcoe County Crisis Response Services:
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
Street: Gallie Court
Travelling on Georgian Drive you will pass Georgian College and TURN RIGHT onto the third entrance at Gallie Court. After the stop sign, proceed FORWARD and TURN RIGHT into RVH's Main road entrance.
Proceed FORWARD through RVH's Main road entrance. RVH's Main Parking lot can be found ON YOUR RIGHT.
Enter RVH's Main building entrance and FOLLOW the Blue Navigation Line to the Atrium (Orange) elevators.
N You will pass Café Royale on your right
Elevator: Atrium (Orange)
Take the Atrium (Orange) elevators to LEVEL 3.
Department: Child & Youth Mental Health Inpatient and Day Program
From the elevator TURN LEFT walking through the double doors.
At the end of the hallway TURN LEFT. Proceed FORWARD, Child & Youth Mental Health Inpatient and Day Program is located at the END OF THE HALLWAY.
Inpatient unit: Information for patients and families
How can family members help?
· You can provide information to the care team - designate one person to be the main contact
· If asked by staff, complete the family questionnaire on admission
· Be actively involved in the discharge planning which begins upon admission
What else can family members do?
· Become informed and ask questions
· Participate in family meetings as requested
· Be patient with your loved one
· Obtain information about community resources
· Take care of yourself!
Please respect the safety and infection control practices on the unit and share any concerns you may have. The following items are not allowed on the Child and Youth Mental Health Inpatient unit:
· Outside food and drinks are not permitted on the unit
· Cell phones, recording devices, laptops
· Glass and/or metal or sharp objects
· Pornographic materials
· Inhalable substances, cigarettes, illicit drugs, alcohol, prescription or over-the-counter medications, and any associated drug paraphernalia such as needles/syringes, lighters, pipes
· Guns, knives or weapons of any kind, including any item that has been adapted to cause injury
· Ties, belts, scarves, shoelaces, blankets, bedding
· Razors, scissors
· Nail files, clippers, nail polish and nail polish remover
Due to privacy legislation staff members can only share patient information if a patient has given their permission to consent to share.
There is no age limit for consent.