Simcoe Muskoka Regional
Child and Youth Mental Health Program
Acute Outpatient Services
Acute Outpatient Services provide urgent and acute consultation for the most severe mental health problems for children / youth up to the age of 18 from across North Simcoe Muskoka.
Services are provided based on the identified need of the child / youth and family and may include:
· Group and/ or
· Family Work
The Acute Outpatient Services care team includes:
· Nursing Staff
· Social Worker
· Patient Representative
Street: Georgian Drive
Travelling on Georgian Drive you will pass Georgian College and TURN RIGHT onto the second entrance. After the stop sign, proceed FORWARD.
Proceed FORWARD through RVH's Emergency road entrance. RVH's Emergency Parking lot can be found ON YOUR RIGHT.
Enter RVH's Emergency building entrance and speak with a triage nurse.
Our philosophy of care:
· Interprofessional team approach to care
· Family involvement in care
· Multiple treatment options
· Collaboration community agencies and warm transitions in care
· Recognition of the unique care needs of youth / child and their families
Acute Outpatient Services offer assessment and treatment for children / youth with severe health difficulties such as:
· Anxiety disorders (e.g., panic attacks)
· Obsessive-Compulsive and related disorders
· Depressive disorders (e.g., major depressive episode, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder)
· Bipolar disorders
· Psychotic disorders (e.g. Schizophrenia)
· Somatic Symptom and related disorders
· Acute symptoms of distress (e.g., self-harm, suicidal behaviours)
· Neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., ADHD, Tic Disorders)
What to expect once your are referred to Acute Outpatient Services:
Your referral is completed and filled out by an Emergency department physician, psychiatrist, or pediatricians and is faxed to the Acute Outpatient Services department.
Once your referrals are received, we will connect with you to complete an intake screening. This will determine the next steps in your care plan, and whether this is an appointment with our clinic or redirected and connected with community resources.
Following intake screening, new referrals are reviewed by the team and care is collaboratively assigned to the most appropriate professional. Our clerks will contact you to book an appointment.
Please complete the intake questionnaire prior to attending your first appointment.
Due to privacy legislation staff members can only share patient information if a patient has given their consent.
There is no age limit for consent.