*Subject to change without notice, some exceptions apply.
All patients and visitors are now required to wear a hospital issued mask which will be given to you upon entry to the building
• Always cover your nose and mouth.
• Fit snugly against your face.
What you need to know:
RVH values family and support people as important members of the patient’s care team. RVH is easing visitor restrictions while maintaining strict safety precautions. This gradual, measured approach to visitation will limit the number of people coming into the health centre and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
RVH is now permitting some visitors - each inpatient is permitted two, one-hour visits per week; one visitor at a time within designated time slots. Full information can be seen here.
If you have a scheduled appointment, use the MAIN or SIMCOE entrance, as directed when your appointment is scheduled, where you will be screened for COVID-19 before entry. You can wear a homemade mask. If you do not have an appropriate mask, one will be provided for you.
Patients coming to RVH for Outpatient appointments (including day surgery, endoscopy and ambulatory clinic visits) are not permitted a support person unless there are exceptional circumstances. If you have questions please clarify with your Physician’s office or the clinic prior to coming for your visit.
The Emergency entrance is for urgent medical care only, with no walk-through access to the health centre. One support person may be permitted if you require assistance, but this is at the discretion of the care team.
- Patients or their Substitute Decision Maker (SDM) may identify one visitor and one alternate.
Twice a week:
• One hour visits can be scheduled 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 5 – 8 p.m.
• Mental health patient visits can be scheduled between 4 – 8 p.m.
Outpatient or Emergency department patients may be allowed one essential support person, at the discretion of the care team.
How are visits scheduled?
Designated visitors can schedule their visit with the patient’s care team by calling the inpatient unit. All visits must be scheduled by 4 p.m. the day prior.
Dial 705-728-9090 then enter the inpatient unit extension:
- • Adult Mental Health Inpatient: ext. 47250
- • Cancer & Palliative Inpatient: ext. 43311
- • Cardiac Care Unit (CCU): ext. 47660
- • Cardiac & Renal: ext.46111
- • Child & Youth Mental Health Inpatient: ext 47222
- • Integrated Stroke & Rehabiliation Inpatient Unit: ext. 47350
- • Intensive Care Unit (ICU): ext. 47620
- • Respiratory Inpatient: ext. 48220
- • Specialized Seniors Care: ext. 47330
- • Surgery 2 Inpatient: ext. 46888
- • Surgery 3 Inpatient: ext. 46440
- • Transitional Care Inpatient Unit: ext.48266
Visitors will use the Main entrance, unless directed otherwise, and must adhere to the following criteria:
• Visitors will be screened upon entry. Visitors who are unwell
will not be permitted inside RVH.
• Visitors will be asked to present identification.
• Visitors will be given a sticker to identify them as an approved visitor.
• Visitors will be required to wear a mask.
• Visitors can use their own mask - see disposable or reusable cloth mask criteria below.
• Visitors must maintain physical distancing of 2 metres or 6 feet.
• Visitors must wash their hands frequently
• Visitors must follow safety precautions directed by screeners and care teams.
• Visitors must go to and from the unit they are visiting - NO in and out privileges.
• Visits cannot exceed one hour.
• Only one visitor in a shared patient room at a time.
Anyone exhibiting the following signs or symptoms will not be permitted inside the health centre:
• Fever, cough, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, sore throat, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
• Anyone who is known or suspected COVID-19 positive and has not been cleared by Public Health.
• Anyone who is a contact of a known COVID-19 positive individual.
• Has travelled in the past 14 days outside of Canada.
RVH is a regional health centre in Barrie, Ontario, located 80 kilometres north of Toronto. As the largest hospital in the region of North Simcoe Muskoka, RVH’s team of over 380 physicians, 2,500 employees and 800 volunteers provides exceptional care and specialty services to almost half a million residents, including cancer care, stroke services, orthopaedics, intensive care, mental health and interventional radiology.
RVH is focused on delivering high-quality, safe care that puts patients and their families first.
Getting to RVH
Arriving By Car
Daily, weekly and monthly parking passes are available. Rates and instructions are listed on all parking machines and brochures are available at the volunteer desks or at the parking office (main visitor parking lot). For assistance, please contact 705-728-9090 Ext. 44114 or email
15 minutes - $2
30 minutes - $3
60 minutes - $6
90 minutes - $9
120 minutes - $12
Daily Maximum - $15 (24 hours no in and out privileges)
Passes can be purchased at Pay Stations
24 hour - $19
(Unlimited in and out privileges)
Weekly Passes - $35
Monthly Passes - $90
HPASS (unlimited in and out privileges)
Valid for one year after purchase
Purchased only at the Parking Office
5-Day pass - $45
10-Day pass - $80
30-Day pass - $100
Public Transportation: Buses
City of Barrie bus service is available to RVH via the 10A and 3B routes. Bus stops are located at the Main entrance parking lot beside Rotary Place.
Please refer to the RVH
The Corridor 11 bus runs Monday - Friday, from Huntsville to Barrie and back, making stops along the way in Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Washago and Orillia. For more information, please click on the document below
Corridor11 Bus Schedule 2018.pdf.
Getting Around RVH
• Cardio Respiratory
• Child and Youth
• Breast Imaging
• Pre Surgery
Volunteer Resources and Auxiliary Offices
Central Outpatient Registration
Patient Representative Office
Surgery Preparation and Recovery
Victoria's Gift Shop
Integrated Stroke and Rehabilitation Unit
Specialized Seniors Care
Mental Health Inpatient, Day Program and Outpatient Services
Simcoe Muskoka Regional Child & Youth Mental Health Program
Cancer and Palliative Inpatient
Cardiac Care Unit
Cardiac and Renal Inpatient
Cardiac Intervention Unit
Obstetrics and Child and Youth Inpatient
Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Centre
Main Entrance - Level 2
Radiation Therapy - Level 1
Cancer Clinics - Level 2 (enter through Cancer Centre main entrance)
Chemotherapy - Level 3 (enter through Cancer Centre main entrance)
Flowers and Balloons
Flowers delivered to RVH will be brought to patients' rooms where allowed, but loved ones should confirm with nursing staff prior to sending/bringing flowers to a patient. Flowers may also be purchased at Victoria's Gift Shop (level 2, near the Atrium entrance).
Note: Latex balloons are not permitted at RVH due to allergies.
Smoke Free Property
RVH is committed to promoting a healthy community and safe working environment for all individuals. RVH's entire property and affiliated buildings are completely smoke-free. No tobacco product use is permitted while on any RVH property, within buildings or in parking lots.
Looking to Quit Smoking? Smoking Cessation Services
The RVH Smoking Cessation program is based on the Ottawa Model for Smoking Cessation that is centred on the ten best practices for tobacco cessation.
Our goal is to keep you comfortable and out of withdrawal while you are in the health centre, and offer you support to quit if you desire.
For more information please speak to a member of your care team.