The Blood Transfusion Service is committed to providing accurate results of ordered blood transfusion tests and safe and timely blood product transfusions for the patients of the community and region. This is achieved by working with members of health care teams and health care providers within RVH. Blood Transfusion Services works consistently with the Canadian Blood Services to ensure there is an adequate inventory of blood products for patient needs.
The Blood Transfusion Service:
• Pre-transfusion testing to provide serologically compatible blood products to patients
• Serological testing for diagnosis of immune disorders or evaluation of certain diseases
• Technical/medical expertise and storage facilities
• Coordinates storage and record keeping for bone banking
• Assists in training of medical laboratory technology students
Phone: 705-728-9090 Ext. 43242