Important safety information for patients and visitors:
• RVH is now permitting some visitors - each inpatient is permitted two, one-hour visits per week; one visitor at a time within designated time slots. Full information can be seen here.
• If you have a scheduled appointment, use the MAIN or SIMCOE entrance, as directed when your appointment is scheduled, where you will be screened for COVID-19 before entry. You can wear a homemade mask. If you do not have an appropriate mask, one will be provided for you.
• Patients coming to RVH for Outpatient appointments (including day surgery, endoscopy and ambulatory clinic visits) are not permitted a support person unless there are exceptional circumstances. If you have questions please clarify with your Physician’s office or the clinic prior to coming for your visit
• The Emergency entrance is for urgent medical care only, with no walk-through access to the health centre. One support person may be permitted if you require assistance, but this is at the discretion of the care team.
• The Atrium entrance is closed for COVID-19 drive-thru screening clinic use only.
Resumption of procedures:
RVH has begun to resume some scheduled surgeries and procedures that were paused in mid-March as a result of the pandemic. RVH is working closely with other hospitals in Simcoe Muskoka on a gradual, safe 5-Phase Recovery Plan.
Phase 1 of the plan focuses on scheduled surgical procedures, endoscopy and interventional cardiology and other procedures will be ramped-up in the coming months as the next phases of the recovery plan are approved. Please be patient as we gradually introduce more procedures – your safety is our priority.
• Your surgeon’s office will call you directly when your surgery or procedure has been rescheduled and will provide instructions and details on precautions to take. Please do not call RVH for a status update.
• While waiting for your surgery, be sure to strictly follow all public health safety guidelines to ensure you don’t contract COVID-19. If you do get sick, your procedure will have to be rescheduled.
• Use RVH’s MAIN or SIMCOE entrance as directed, where you will be screened before entry.
• Visitor restrictions are in place so you should bring your cell phone to communicate with your family.
Emergency Department visits
If you need urgent medical care, please don’t hesitate to come to RVH’s Emergency department. Our team is well-trained to care for you, while keeping you safe. All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and a medical professional will determine if you need to be tested for the virus.
Please help us keep our phone lines clear for emergencies and do not call RVH for your COVID test results. RVH will telephone ALL patients who have been swab-tested for COVID in our health centre with their results - positive or negative.
Unless you are seeking medical treatment, please DO NOT visit the health centre if you are unwell. Self-isolate at home and call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 for further instructions.
If you have severe symptoms go to RVH's Emergency Department or call
9-1-1 if a medical emergency.
If you do not have symptoms but want to be tested:
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre – "Clinic C" Drive-Thru only
201 Georgian Drive – Atrium entrance (look for the three flagpoles)
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For appointments please call: 705-797-3120
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE REGISTERED 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO CLOSING.
IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT AT THE DRIVE-THRU CLINIC DO NOT JOIN THE LINE OF CARS; PROCEED TO THE ATRIUM ENTRANCE AND PARK YOUR CAR AT PARKING SPOT A OR PARKING SPOT B JUST PAST THE ENTRANCE.
Additional testing and walk-in clinic information.
RVH offers same-day surgery for arthroplasty patients
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) has just completed a same-day arthroplasty procedure, becoming the first hospital in North Simcoe Muskoka to offer such a service on a regular basis.
RVH joins global COVID-19 study
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre is one of nearly 40 health centres across Canada selected to participate in a
clinical trial to examine potential therapies for COVID-19.
The clinical trial is part of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Solidarity Trial. Dr. Giulio DiDiodato, critical care
physician and Chief Research Scientist; Dr. Ana Igric, critical care physician and general surgeon; Dr. Murali Krishnan,
nephrologist, will lead RVH’s contributions to this global study.
The RVH Foundation received notice on July 16, 2020 from a third party data service provider, Blackbaud, of a security incident that involved stopping a ransomware attack.
RVH resuming more services
and opens Simcoe entrance to outpatients
As the number of new COVID-19 cases declines in North Simcoe Muskoka, RVH continues to safely and gradually resume some surgeries, procedures and ambulatory services and opens some entrances
RVH responds to cooling unit malfunction
Early Sunday morning, one of RVH’s cooling units malfunctioned, causing increased temperatures and high humidity levels in some older areas of the health centre.
In an abundance of caution and to ensure patient safety RVH has cancelled all non-urgent surgical procedures scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, proceeding with emergency procedures only.
Click here to read more
RVH's regional Child and Youth Mental Health program gets a boost from the County of Simcoe
RVH has received nearly $1.5 million from the County of Simcoe as part of its ongoing support of local healthcare. The latest installment in the County's $5.6 million pledge supports the Simcoe Muskoka Child and Youth Mental Health program and is part of the County's 15-year, $45 million commitment to the Simcoe County Hospital Alliance.
RVH begins safe, gradual surgical ramp-up
Surgeries and procedures are resuming as of June 8 - but in a gradual, phased, approach. RVH has worked closely with other hospitals in Simcoe Muskoka to develop a 5-Phase Recovery Plan. Phase 1 of the plan, focuses on scheduled surgical procedures, endoscopy and interventional cardiology. Other procedures will be ramped-up in the coming months as the next phases of the recovery plan are approved.
Message to the community from Janice Skot, RVH president and CEO
Now it’s time to plan the resumption of some non-urgent procedures.
RVH has developed a cautious, staged ramp-up plan that protects against the spread of the virus, while staying ready to respond to unexpected COVID-19 surges.
RVH awarded highest performance rating from Accrediation Canada
RVH has once again been awarded the highest possible performance designation from Accreditation Canada – Accredited with Exemplary Standing.
The decision follows a four-day visit in early-February by external Accreditation Canada surveyors during which every aspect of the RVH's programs, policies and practices were carefully assessed.
Click here to read more.
RVH has launched its dynamic new Strategic Plan. Shaped by the voices of over 3,000 people who care about the future of healthcare in our region, this plan will act as a roadmap to guide RVH over the next five to seven years.
Led by a relentless commitment to safety and quality, with an eye to advancing innovation, learning and research, RVH will accelerate to the next level of excellence - raising the bar to bring exceptional care close to home for residents throughout Simcoe Muskoka.
It is a plan rooted in a philosophy we call
MY CARE. RVH has put a stake in the ground and said every patient has a right to expect the best possible experience in our health centre. Always. Every day. And without exception. And that laser-like focus on our patients and their families will ensure we not only meet their needs, but exceed their expectations. They will be partners in their care and involved in planning and decision-making every step of their healthcare journey.
Our vision is bold, our focus is clear and our plan is achievable.