Welcome to Royal Victoria
Regional Health Centre
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH), located in Barrie, Ontario, provides safe, high-quality care for residents across a large geographical region including Simcoe County and the District of Muskoka. The area is home to more than 450,000 residents, with 40 per cent of RVH’s patients living outside the City of Barrie.
As the largest health centre in Simcoe Muskoka, RVH provides highly specialized services, procedures and technology not found anywhere else in the region. This includes the only Interventional Radiology suites for minimally invasive surgeries, a fully-automated laboratory, cardiac care (intensive) unit, as well as dedicated trauma rooms in its large Emergency department.
Cardiac Centre 50% complete
RVH has reached a major milestone in the construction of its Advanced Cardiac Centre. Construction on the 14,000 square-foot centre is now 50 per cent complete. The centre is part of a comprehensive regional program and once complete, interventional cardiologists will conduct diagnostic angiograms for heart patients.
Click here to read more.
- The stories found in Vitalsigns, RVH’s report to the region, reflect on the amazing year that has passed and provide a glimpse into the future of healthcare for the residents of North Simcoe Muskoka. Stories include the exciting developments in our Advanced Cardiac and Child and Youth Mental Health programs.
A year in review
RVH celebrates its achievements
RVH celebrated its 2016-’17 achievements, milestones and awards
at Annual General Meeting (AGM) June 20.
To read A Year in Review 2016-2017 – RVH’s annual highlights document – click here
RVH honours staff for years of service
- RVH recently honoured employees and physicians for their years of service, celebrating their dedication and commitment to the health centre and its patients. This year, 365 members of
TEAM RVH, including 49 physicians, were recognized for years of service.
- Read more here
RVH hires child psychiatrist for new regional program
- RVH has achieved another major milestone in the development of its regional
Child and Youth Mental Health program. Child psychiatrist Dr. Pappu Srinivasa Reddy will join the RVH team in early September,
just before the program launches.
- Read more here
Barrie boy makes 'tracks' to break down stigma of mental health
- Zach Hofer, 12, is lacing up his running shoes to make a difference for area kids struggling with mental health issues. Zach
will be running, biking, walking from Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) to Parliament Hill in Ottawa starting on
Read more here
Are you experiencing a non-urgent health issue?
- RVH is experiencing extremely high volumes of patients in its Emergency department. If your health concern is not urgent, a visit to your family doctor or a community walk-in clinic may be a more appropriate, quicker option for you. View a list of walk-in clinics by clicking here.
- To learn about when you should visit the Emergency department, click here.
RVH has launched its dynamic new Strategic Plan. Shaped by the voices of over 3,000 people who care about the future of healthcare in our region, this plan will act as a roadmap to guide RVH over the next five to seven years.
Led by a relentless commitment to safety and quality, with an eye to advancing innovation, learning and research, RVH will accelerate to the next level of excellence - raising the bar to bring exceptional care close to home for residents throughout Simcoe Muskoka.
It is a plan rooted in a philosophy we call
MY CARE. RVH has put a stake in the ground and said every patient has a right to expect the best possible experience in our health centre. Always. Every day. And without exception. And that laser-like focus on our patients and their families will ensure we not only meet their needs, but exceed their expectations. They will be partners in their care and involved in planning and decision-making every step of their healthcare journey.
Our vision is bold, our focus is clear and our plan is achievable.